Subject: RE: links/Dillo Browsers
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Underwood <TimU@hightouchinc.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/19/2004 17:00:43
I just used the latest tar of the source, untar'ed it, then layed the
CVS on top of that.  Still had to munge the Makefile here and there
(which a run of configure blows away again).

Basically:

1.  get latest 0.8.2 tar of source and place that in
/usr/pkgsrc/www/dillo/work/dillo-0.8.1 (I haven't messed with pkgsrc
enough yet to figure out how to get the correct version)
2.  get the CVS source, and lay it on top of
/usr/pkgsrc/www/dillo/work/dillo-0.8.1
3.  Modify /usr/pkgsrc/www/dillo/Makefile to include any configure
settings you want when configure is run.
4.  run 'make' from /usr/pkgsrc/www/dillo
5.  run until the errors start, then get down into the directory
/usr/pkgsrc/www/dillow/work/dillo-0.8.1/src, and clean up the Makefile.
Just stay in that directory, and complete make there (or go back up to
/usr/pkgsrc/www/dillo to do it.  Just don't run 'make clean', since that
will regen the Makefile and wipe out your changes).
6.  compile/edit Makefile/compile until done.

I haven't really created anything using autoconf, so I am still studying
how to have the Makefiles created correctly, so you can run a 'make
clean', etc.

I also haven't puzzled over pkgsrc and how I can get a "correct" version
on this dillo package.

Basically, I'm very quickly trying to determine if this is a viable
platform (netbsd on my MobilePro) for my purposes, so I'm really ramming
things in at this point.  So, please, no flames :o) .  Once I'm
convinced it will work as I want, I'll save my relevant
changes/packages/etc., and reinstall to clean up what I've munged up.

I agree about getting it to compile quicker.  I'm afraid I may burn up
my little PCMCIA hard drive.  I tried the i386 distribution of 1.6.2,
but it keeps dumping into the debugger on my laptop, and I just don't
any other hardware I can use at this point (and not willing to invest in
any until I know if this is going to work or not).

I'm also trying to figure out if I want to continue this, or try to
resurrect a Linux port for hpcmips (*yech*).  netbsd and Linux are
similar, but VERY different in layout, etc.