Subject: debug
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: S Dobson <sd20@york.ac.uk>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/16/2004 10:50:36
Ok, my z50 crashed again today, I was connected to the network, but just
looking at my local files with 'cd' and 'ls' - It didn't put me into
debug it just froze after spitting out this message:

Trap: reserved instruction in kernel mode status=0x120782, cause=0x28,
epc=0x8028f448,
Vaddr=0xc3311f8 pid=7 cmd=ioflush usp=0x0 ksp=0x80001450
Stopped in pid7 (ioflush) at 0x8028f448: spec12 zero,zero,zero

Two things I'm wondering about (which may or may not be relevant):

1> win CE often complains about my 1gb IBM microdrive  - sometimes I
need to take it out and put it back in for it to be readable.  Don't
know if that's normal but could netbsd also have these problems causing
kernel errors?

2> Don't know if this was right, but after installing netbsd onto the CF
card using boot.exe in win CE the boot loader would complain saying that
it can't find \storage card\netbsd-GENERIC.  So I copied (and renamed)
netbsd-GENERIC to root (/netbsd) and altered /etc/rc.d/sysdb to contain
the line: kvm_mkdb "/netbsd" - don't know if that's ok or not but it
seemed to stop it from complaining ;-)

Cheers
steve

Steve Dobson                                  Tel:   +44 01904 433953
Experimental Officer                          Fax:   +44 01904 433902
Department of Archaeology                     Email: sd20@york.ac.uk
The King's Manor
University of York
York, YO1 7EP, UK