Subject: Pkg installation
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: S Dobson <sd20@york.ac.uk>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/13/2004 10:43:09
Hey all,

I'm currently installing a few packages via ftp however, what do you
have to do with the ones that don't have a precompiled binary?  For
example, I have chosen the hpcmips binary for abiword
(abiword-personal-1.0.2.tgz) but pkg_add doesn't work because a couple
of packages (such as png>=1.2.6rc1) are not present as pre-compiled.  I
have read the packages.txt file and presume that I have to use 'make'
and 'make install' but I am unsure what I need to download, the text
refers to getting the distfile but again I'm not 100% sure what the
distfile is?

Any help?

Many thanks
steve

Steve Dobson                                  Tel:   +44 01904 433953
Experimental Officer                          Fax:   +44 01904 433902
Department of Archaeology                     Email: sd20@york.ac.uk
The King's Manor
University of York
York, YO1 7EP, UK