Subject: RE: root
To: S Dobson <sd20@york.ac.uk>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/12/2004 22:11:18

> So am I correct in thinking that /usr doesn't have to be a partition,
> but can be simply a directory within /?

Yeah, that's right.
I'm just using root + swap only configuration.

> And is it possible for me to change/resize and remove partitions or
> would I have to reinstall from scratch?

If you have other NetBSD machine which can mount the CF card,
or you can access multiple drives on the machine, you can dump
the contents of the CF card, repartition the card, and restore it.

But if you don't, it may be easier to reinstall... ;-/
--
soda