Subject: Re: Trouble Booting hpcmips Generic NetBSD/Sysinst image (hpcboot.exe
To: Sabahattin Gucukoglu <mail@sabahattin-gucukoglu.com>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/06/2004 23:04:46
On 2004-08-06 mail@sabahattin-gucukoglu.com wrote:

> So, first of all, does or does it (hpcboot.exe - this device runs Windows
> CE 2.12) not accept command line parameters?  If it doesn't then, unless
> it automatically uses a specific kernel image and boots using a serial
> console, or else reads aconfiguration file in a given location (perhaps
> the same directory as hpcboot.exe itself), it will not be of any use - do
> any of you have suggestions on how to boot this generic gzipped sysinst
> kernel image on my device?

  I don't know if it has command line options, but it does read and write
a configuration file (possibly with a hard coded list of directory names).
With the auto boot option it should be possible to configure it to boot
without additional user intervention.

  As I recall, the Casio machines have proprietary PCMCIA controllers; A
CF card can be used if configured in CE, however insertion or removal and
other cards will not work.  It is possible that Linux users have gotten
the documentation or REd enough of the CE driver to be useful, although
last time I checked (quite some time ago) Linux had the same limitation.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com