Subject: NFS problems
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim Underwood <TimU@hightouchinc.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/02/2004 09:23:58

----=_NextPart_ST_09_23_59_Monday_August_02_2004_30034

I set up an NFS share on my Linux box at home, and could connect fine,
read/write files from my netbsd MobilePro, etc.  Copying small files
seemed very quick (please note I'm using 802.11b, not wired network).

However, doing an ls on the directory that had 20-25 files in it, took
30-40 seconds before a response.  I then attempted to copy a file of
about 100K from the NFS share to my MobilePro, and the MobilePro
apparently just locked up.  No I/O on the Linux side at all after 1-2
minutes, and the MobilePro simply wouldn't respond.  I had to reset the
system to get it back.

Are there known issues with NFS and MobilePros?  Or some issue with NFS
and 802.11b?

----=_NextPart_ST_09_23_59_Monday_August_02_2004_30034

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=

<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 6.5.6944.0">
<TITLE>NFS problems</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I set up an NFS share on my Linux box at h=
ome, and could connect fine, read/write files from my netbsd MobilePro, etc=
=2E&nbsp; Copying small files seemed very quick (please note I'm using 802.=
11b, not wired network).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">However, doing an ls on the directory that=
 had 20-25 files in it, took 30-40 seconds before a response.&nbsp; I then =
attempted to copy a file of about 100K from the NFS share to my MobilePro, =
and the MobilePro apparently just locked up.&nbsp; No I/O on the Linux side=
 at all after 1-2 minutes, and the MobilePro simply wouldn't respond.&nbsp;=
 I had to reset the system to get it back.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Are there known issues with NFS and Mobile=
Pros?&nbsp; Or some issue with NFS and 802.11b?</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
----=_NextPart_ST_09_23_59_Monday_August_02_2004_30034--