Subject: Kernel compilation question
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim Underwood <TimU@hightouchinc.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/02/2004 08:37:21

----=_NextPart_ST_08_37_21_Monday_August_02_2004_20897

I'm trying to compile the "current" kernel/distribution, and have a
question - I got my configuration file worked out, launched the compile
and everything seemed ok.

Hours later, it appeared to be linking the kernel, sat there for QUITE a
while, and errored out of make with an ERROR 1.  No other message, and I
can't find an error output file to find out what the issue may be.

Any help here?  Or, if someone has already compiled a current or 2.0
kernel for an NEC MBPro880, enabling USB, etc., I'd sure appreciate a
link to some binaries.  Save me a LOT of time, and wear and tear on my
little PCMCIA hard drive.

----=_NextPart_ST_08_37_21_Monday_August_02_2004_20897

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=

<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 6.5.6944.0">
<TITLE>Kernel compilation question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I'm trying to compile the &quot;current&qu=
ot; kernel/distribution, and have a question - I got my configuration file =
worked out, launched the compile and everything seemed ok.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hours later, it appeared to be linking the=
 kernel, sat there for QUITE a while, and errored out of make with an ERROR=
 1.&nbsp; No other message, and I can't find an error output file to find o=
ut what the issue may be.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any help here?&nbsp; Or, if someone has al=
ready compiled a current or 2.0 kernel for an NEC MBPro880, enabling USB, e=
tc., I'd sure appreciate a link to some binaries.&nbsp; Save me a LOT of ti=
me, and wear and tear on my little PCMCIA hard drive.</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
----=_NextPart_ST_08_37_21_Monday_August_02_2004_20897--