Subject: Re: NEC MobilePro 780 Touchscreen/stylus mouse button equivalents?
To: hpcmips <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Jimi Malcolm <malcolm@cc.gatech.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/01/2004 22:41:14
R O'Connor (Sun@19h11)

> I might as well just back out X, and use it with screen

I deleted it too and so reclaimed something like 25 MB.

> (or is there some way to have multiple text consoles as with the 386
> version and Linux?) for occasions that might "mesh" with its network
> capabilities.

If I understand you correct, you want something where you have multiple
consoles by hitting something like Ctrl+Alt+F1, &c.  If that's correct,
look at wscons.  Here's the key lines from my /etc/wscons.conf

#screen	0	-	vt100
screen	1	-	vt100
screen	2	-	vt100
screen	3	-	vt100

Then you want to also update /etc/ttys accordingly.

console	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		vt100	on secure
ttyE0	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		vt220	off secure
ttyE1	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		vt220	on secure
ttyE2	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		vt220	on secure
ttyE3	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		vt220	on secure

That should open up five terminals for you.

Then also enable wscons in /etc/rc.conf with the following line:

wscons=yes

Let me know if you find any better ways to do this stuff or any errors
in my settings.

-Jimi