Subject: PCMCIA HD installation disk constantly runs
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim Underwood <TimU@hightouchinc.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/28/2004 13:00:48

----=_NextPart_ST_13_27_23_Wednesday_July_28_2004_10482

I installed netbsd on a 2GB Kingston PCMCIA hard drive, and all seems
well.

However, now that I have the network card running, the disk seems to be
accessed all the time (it wasn't accessed much prior to that).  I'm not
getting messages in any of the logs, so I'm curious what else could be
doing this.  That's going to be a real battery-eater on my MBPro880, and
could certainly cause a CF card to fail sooner with all the writes (I
assume there are writes somewhere on disk).

----=_NextPart_ST_13_27_23_Wednesday_July_28_2004_10482

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=

<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 6.5.6944.0">
<TITLE>PCMCIA HD installation disk constantly runs</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I installed netbsd on a 2GB Kingston PCMCI=
A hard drive, and all seems well.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">However, now that I have the network card =
running, the disk seems to be accessed all the time (it wasn't accessed muc=
h prior to that).&nbsp; I'm not getting messages in any of the logs, so I'm=
 curious what else could be doing this.&nbsp; That's going to be a real bat=
tery-eater on my MBPro880, and could certainly cause a CF card to fail soon=
er with all the writes (I assume there are writes somewhere on disk).</FONT=
></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
----=_NextPart_ST_13_27_23_Wednesday_July_28_2004_10482--