Subject: Re[2]: NetBSD 1.6.2 on JVC InterLink MP-C303, german version: MP-C33
To: Alexander Korsch <mail@a-korsch.de>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/07/2004 00:37:01
On 2004-06-07 mail@a-korsch.de wrote:

> The first thing is an error-message in a popup-window:
>
> Error()
> Can?t write pbsdboot.ini

  It will try to write the file to "\\Storage Card\\", "\\Storage
Card1\\", and "\\Storage Card3\\".  I guess your storage card directory is
named differently.  It will try to read files in "/", "2:/", "\\", and
"\\My Documents\\" and will write the file if it finds it.  I guess the
easiest thing to do would be to rename your storage card directory
"Storage Card" before booting.

> When I click ok on top of this window, pbsdboot change to "Loading
> ..." in a new popup-windows with "cancel" at the bottom, the the main
> pbsdboot-window it says: "create memory map ..." at the bottom.
> And that it was. It is not possible to use the "cancel" button in the
>
> This happens with netbsd kernel from dos and ffs-partition.
>
> What I cannot understand is, that hpcboot.exe is able to write to the
> cf-card an pbsdboot.exe NOT :(
> All files are writable on the cf-card.

  I bet you used the "Victor InterLink MP-C101" entry, which is for a
TX3922 CPU not Vr4122 and it hangs trying to access an invalid physical
address.  Click on the "..." next to the machine type.  Use the following
machine ids: 4104500 2010102 For the video, I don't know.  Maybe try
serial console first.  The following might work: frame: a000000, 1024x600,
D16_0000, bytes/line:  2048

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com