Subject: Re[2]: NetBSD 1.6.2 on JVC InterLink MP-C303, german version: MP-C33
To: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
From: Alexander Korsch <mail@a-korsch.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/07/2004 00:06:31
Hello Matthew,
first of all thank you for your question :)

Sunday, June 6, 2004, 10:17:08 PM, you wrote:

MO> On 2004-06-05 mail@a-korsch.de wrote:

>> Now I tried again to boot NetBSD.
>> pbsdboot.exe, hpcboot.exe and also the netbsd-kernel are on my
>> msdos-partition of the cf-card.
>> pbsdboot.exe still does not work.

MO>   How exctly does pbsdboot fail?

The first thing is an error-message in a popup-window:

Error()
Canīt write pbsdboot.ini

When I click ok on top of this window, pbsdboot change to "Loading
..." in a new popup-windows with "cancel" at the bottom, the the main
pbsdboot-window it says: "create memory map ..." at the bottom.
And that it was. It is not possible to use the "cancel" button in the

This happens with netbsd kernel from dos and ffs-partition.

What I cannot understand is, that hpcboot.exe is able to write to the
cf-card an pbsdboot.exe NOT :(
All files are writable on the cf-card.

Hope this will help you to help me ... please :)

Have a nice week,
bye Alex

--
Best regards,