Subject: Re: Magicstor Microdrives and/or temporary swap files
To: Bryan Vyhmeister <netbsd@bsdjournal.net>
From: Mattias Sandstrom <mattias@beauty.se>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/27/2004 10:24:01
Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> with options enabled that minimize disk writes.

very interesting. i use softdep and nodevtime and i guess i could/should
use noatime as well, and i've removed the at entry from cron. any other
suggestions? my microdrive spins up and down too much in my opinion. i
see that the "official" apm document uses async instead of softdeps for
its battery script. would that be better? and does atactl setidle have
any effect on microdrives? they don't complain but seem to be spinning
down rather quickly no matter what you tell them.

	/matt