Subject: wi network driver
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Rafe <rafe00@ameritech.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/18/2004 19:14:23
New NetBSD user with this setup:
NetBSD 1.6.1 -Generic
Nec MobilePro 780
CF 256MB (Lexar)

I have a basic setup with comp installed.  I can get a
Linksys 10baseT card working, but can't get my
wireless D-Link DWL-650+ working.

Do I need to rebuild the kernel with the wi driver?  I
noticed (via google searches) that some IBM z50 users
got this card to work, but could not tell how they did
it.

When I insert the card dmesg does not show it all, and
ifconfig does not seem to know about the wi driver.

I have downloaded the syssrc.tgz, but since df shows
the disk at 90% full, I have not tried to upack the
file.  The only reason I have for rebuilding the
kernel is to try to get wireless networking to work.
Are there any wireless PCMCIA cards that work without
rebuilding the kernel?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Oh one more question - What large files are good
canidates for deletion?  I may need to find some room
on my card soon.

Rafe