Subject: Re: NIC swap & software suggestions
To: Rick Soth <sothtrust@comcast.net>
From: None <alias@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/16/2004 13:41:15
> 2) 	Suggestions on Window Managers for X given our half-VGA format? What
> 	do you like and why?  There are so many choices, and many don't have
> 	compiled binaries ready for pkg_add via their tzg files.  I have not
> 	yet tried
> 	to "make" something, but if that is the approach to using your
> 	suggested
> 	window manager just let me know.

ion is ideally suited for small screens,
http://modeemi.cs.tut.fi/~tuomov/ion/, the old stable version I have
compiled on netbsd before with no problems

> 	Along this same line, do you have an X office manager or
> 	wordprocessor
> 	and spreadsheet that you like and work well on the small screen?

if you only need a minimal spreadsheet I think sc works really well

-jesse
--
'You're a stone fox'

      --Trip Fontaine (Josh Hartnett) to Lux Lisbon (Kirsten Dunst)
        in the movie the Virgin Suicides