Subject: networking question
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Rick Soth <sothtrust@comcast.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/11/2004 00:34:40
Hello,

I have installed a basic 1.6.2 on my Mobilepro 780 consisting of the
generic kernel, base, and etc only. Can't seem to add more with only 256 CF
card. Anyway, trying to get my Xircom CreditCard NIC to work, and am having
trouble.

When I run dmesg the card is "seen", but I'm a bit concerned as it
indicates IRQ 3 on the screen and I read that it wants IRQ, and I don't see
how to fix this?

Using ifconfig I have played with setting ip, gateway, etc. information. I
try running dhclient, and that doesn't do anything even through I'm
connected to my DHCP home network/cable modem (belkin) product correctly I
think.

What am I doing wrong, other than never having tried anything like this
before. Any help would be appreciated.

Rick Soth