Subject: Re: OT: Unix PDAs
To: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/29/2004 21:37:49
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <Pine.LNX.4.44.0404291547070.30342-100000@green.home.org>
>             billy ball <bball@tux.org> writes:
> : and the Z50 is the only BSD notebook i'm aware of that can run for 3-4
> : hours or more off of AA batteries! (the AA dry cell adapter is a nice
> : add-on [comes in the box] when one purchases the dual-LiIon battery)...
>
> My Mobile Pro 780 does the same thing with the adapter that I
> bought...

very good! i like that kind of flexibility in a device... i wonder if
anyone has tried one of the portable solar panels? (i assume one would
need an intermediate storage battery or directly charge NiMh cells)...

i am very grateful for the quality of the NetBSD distro for the Z50...
being able to run the OS on these portable devices is one of the great
software/hardware bargains! (i'm still finding additional uses for my z50,
such as a wireless appliance controller and high-frequency radio beacon
indicator - next up is a port for automatic position reporting via a VHF
transceiver)...

:-)