Subject: Re: New hpcboot.exe - please test.
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org, port-hpcarm@netbsd.org,>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/29/2004 05:36:08
Folks,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 07:51:07 +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> I've uploaded new hpcboot.exe binaries to:
>
>     ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/uwe/hpcboot/
>
> Summary of changes:
>
> . hpcboot compiles again :)
> . /dev/ksyms friendly
> . support gzipped miniroot images
> . can be operated using only the keyboard, so that you can boot NetBSD
>   on units with broken touchscreen
> . polish the gui a bit
>
> I'd like to commit these before 2.0, so please test the binaries for
> your platform and drop me an email.

I've uploaded new binaries.  Additional changes are:

. sort platforms in the drop down box

. "Hungarian" Jornada 680 is renamed to "European" (approved by almost
  two years of silence, and the fact that the layout array is
  identical to what my "European English" #ABB unit observably has).

. fix a "keyboard only navigation" bug: it was impossible to tab out
  of the Console dialog if serial console was enabled

. recompiled under Japanese locale, so hopefully Japanese strings
  should be shown correctly now

A note for hpcmips folks: if you don't use hpcboot.exe to boot netbsd,
this version will continue to not work for you ;).

Since 2.0 release is going to happen soon, I'd appreciate if you can
give this new version a test before I commit it and request a pull up
to 2.0 branch.

TIA

SY, Uwe