Subject: Supported 802.11b CF and sysinst question
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <elyod@sympatico.ca>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/07/2004 22:20:35
Hello,

I am new to NetBSD on the z50, but I've read quite a few of the posts here.  Very helpful stuff.  I have a couple questions as I'm having some trouble getting 1.6.2 installed.

I have a 5G Toshiba pcmcia drive and I would like to install from a DOS partition.  I have the disk partitioned but I cannot get beyond the HPCboot program.  I have read I need to use sysinst but I cannot find this in any of the compressed files.  So I figured the install kernel must be on the boot disks.  I made the boot disks from i386 using rawrite, but I cannot read them from a DOS/Windows box.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Also, I would like to add a CF USB adapter, but from what I've read none seem supported.  So I would instead like to add a wireless 802.11b CF card.  I did find (once) a list of supported cards, but I cannot turn it up again.  Can anyone tell me which are supported?  Which are lower power?  The Ambicom seems to work with the Zarus' Linux, but no word on NetBSD.  The Socket looks like a good choice too, but for the price I want to see if anyone else has it working.

Thanks,

Tom