Subject: Re: Anyone provide NetBSD hacking services?
To: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/02/2004 21:09:47
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Steve Rumble wrote:

> Slightly off topic here: Why the 1.5.X preference?

from what i have read, there are probs w/suspend and audio in the latest
and greatest?

any z50 users running 1.6.X please correct me!

> There's also the magicstor brand that seems a bit cheaper and
> offers 2/4GB parts.

isn't technology wonderful? i might have upgraded to the newer MDs, but
the old ones keep running and running and running...

> > others may want to chime in here on the viability of a network install...
>
> I've installed uneventfully with a 3com (or maybe it was my
> megahertz xjack sm(4)) pcmcia card over the network. An old
> 10mbit pcmcia nic will run $5-10 second hand (ebay).

very good! that's good news and quite helpful for any new users wondering
about the install...