Subject: can't use pkgsrc via NFS after clean install of NetBSD 1.6.2
To: port-hpcmips <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew L. Gould <algould@datawok.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/01/2004 21:51:37
I've performed a clean installation of NetBSD 1.6.2 on a NEC Mobilepro 780.
After the second try, everything seems to work except that I can't use pkgsrc
via NFS.

When I was using NetBSD 1.6.1, I installed pkgsrc applications by using swap
and pkgsrc directories that are located on a FreeBSD server.  I can still
access the directories via NFS; but when I attempt a make install, nothing
happens -- the cursor goes to a new line and everything just sits their until
I cancel the job.  Executing 'top' on a separate virtual terminal shows no
related activity that I can identify.

Any ideas?

I reinstalled, again, and now have local swap and pkgsrc.  I just installed
audit-packages successfully.  However, I'd like to resume my NFS mode of
pkgsrc installation to free up storage space.

On a separate note, does anyone know of any 2GB microdrives or compact flash
cards?

Thanks,

Andrew Gould