Subject: problem using pkg_tarup
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: None <starwars-97@charter.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/21/2004 11:26:25
I am dealing with using NetBSD-current for the time being and one thing that I can't seem to figure out is why pkg_tarup is not working for me.

I have had NetBSD-1.6.1 installed and pkg_tarup packaged up binary packages for me just fine.

Now that I am trying to use -Current I get a series of tar errors that go something like this:

Creating package /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/render-0.8.tgz
Using SrcDir value of /usr/pkg
Registering depends:.
Registering confilcts: Xrender<0.8
tar: Ustar header field is too small for include/X11/extensions/render.h
tar: Ustar header field is too small for include/X11/extensionsrenderproto.h
pkg_create: tar command failed with code 256

(Note: there are about 6 other files that also fail out with the same Ustar header field error)

What am I doing wrong here? Is there something else I have to configure with -current that I didn't in 1.6.1? I've tried just doing a "make package" and also just using "pkg_tarup installed_pkg". Both have the same problem.

What is frustrating is that the programs themselves are infact installing, it just can't package them up for me. (Which is an absolute must due to the long compile times on PDA's)