Subject: Re: Panic on suspend
To: None <darkstar@city-net.com>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/20/2004 09:07:18
In message: <Pine.BSF.4.51.0402191346530.88878@vegeta.city-net.com>
            Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com> writes:
: On 2004-02-19 markus.hennecke@fh-swf.de wrote:
:
: > Here is the backtrace, I filled in the addresses I found with "nm
: > /netbsd". Unfortunately I had no luck in loading the debug symbols with
: > hpcboot.  If I compile in support for KGDB the symbols are loaded, but
: > this does not help me with ddb. Perhaps someone can give me a hint at
: > what I am doing wrong.
:
:   You can add:
: makeoptions DEBUG="-g"
: to your kernel config to get a full symbol table in netbsd.gdb.

Yes.  However, the panic of TLB not in universe is one that takes a
great deal of time and effort to understand since it is in, effect, a
'can't happen' bug.  I've only ever been able to understand one of
these panics I've received.  It was caused by a bad memory access of a
free'd pointer which lead to bogus stuff being written to the TLB.  By
the time I understood it, the bug no longer existed in the -current
sources.

Warner