Subject: deeper into the rabbit hole
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: None <starwars-97@charter.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/18/2004 16:14:59
I am at somewhat of a catch22 here. I want to have a nice working system and things just don't want to cooperate.

My main concern WAS the touch screen. I found out that -Current has a configuration tool for this (tpctl) that works great. The problem with this though, is that Xft2 and about 10 other packages refuse to build. Various errors for various programs. I don't really NEED -Current as I would be happy with just a working 1.6.1 system using an old pkgsrc tarball for packages. I have sucuessfully setup a system that is completely working as I would see fit, EXCEPT the touchpad is miscaliburated.

Does anyone know of a way to get a good working pkgsrc tree for -Current .. so I can just quit playing around with 1.6.1's touch panel issues?

OR does anyone know of a way to compile and use tpctl in 1.6.1 .. currently when I try to "make" in /usr.sbin/tpctl I get the following

tpctl.h:74L 'WSMOUSE_ID_MAXLEN' undeclared here (not in a cunction)
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Can I copy a working calibration "file" from a -Current install to a 1.6.1 install to keep the touchpad caliburated? Where is the calibration "settings" kept? Where does it know what to use for its default values?

I have about had it trying to get pkgsrc and -current working on hpcmips as every time I try to start installing packages, something indeffinatly goes wrong at a very basic "base" package. Perl5, Xft2, etc etc.

Is there a person out there who uses X and hpcmips netbsd-current on a daily basis that could maybe help me get a fully working setup? I don't know where I am going wrong.