Subject: MP780 kernel compile
To: port-hpcmips <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: George E Sollish <gsollish@autogear.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/17/2004 14:03:50
I've been trying to build a custom kernel for my MobilePro 780, and
regardless of whether I build 1.6.1 syssrc or release-1-6 config/src (from
the 14th) I get the same errors.

Other than removing a number of unused devices, the only thing I have
changed is "config root at ? on type ?" to "config root at wd0a on type
ffs" (this eliminates the need for the -a boot option and associated
prompts).  Now, when I compile, it halts in tx/tx39.c on an unreachable
'panic' statement (line 290) and, if I comment that out, it crashes during
the final linking on an undefined reference to 'tx_conf_register_ioman' in
function 'tx39io_attach'.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?  I didn't
'make clean' and start over after editing tx39.c mid-build; is that a
problem?

I tried commenting out the TX39xx-specific options (not the MP780's cpu),
but that results in a non-bootable kernel.

Thanks.

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer		Auto Gear Equipment
			Project Manager		The Payne Lake Project