Subject: Re: Suspend on NEC MP780?
To: None <ajai@bway.net>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/10/2004 17:53:28
In message: <Pine.BSO.4.58.0402091708520.20929@ida.bway.net>
            Ajai Khattri <ajai@bway.net> writes:
: On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > The problem is that waking up from the lowest power state jumps
: > through ROM.  Since we've not replaced the ROMs with our own, we can't
: > go into that lowest power state.  In theory, one might be able to hack
: > things such that they could work, but last time I looked at the
: > problem, I concluded it would be a lot of work.
:
: This probably explains why sometimes the machine doesn't wake up from
: suspend - especially true if its been unplugged for awhile. Or maybe that
: is a bad battery?

If the power fails, it boots via the powerup reset vector, which is
ROM.

Warner