Subject: Re: Suspend on NEC MP780?
To: None <ajai@bway.net>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/08/2004 14:50:40
In message: <Pine.BSO.4.58.0402061849270.11522@ida.bway.net>
            Ajai Khattri <ajai@bway.net> writes:
: On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Andrew L. Gould wrote:
:
: > The pings prior to suspension were successful.  The pings after I pushed the
: > power button resulted in 100% packet loss.
:
: Would be nice to have the little switch on the left hinge trigger
: the suspend too - I believ this is what it does in WinCE.

The problem is that waking up from the lowest power state jumps
through ROM.  Since we've not replaced the ROMs with our own, we can't
go into that lowest power state.  In theory, one might be able to hack
things such that they could work, but last time I looked at the
problem, I concluded it would be a lot of work.

Warner