Subject: installing cross-built system on MobilePro 780
To: port-hpcmips <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew L. Gould <algould@datawok.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/04/2004 10:20:41
I **think** I have a successful build and release of NetBSD hpcmips that I've
cross-built on an i386 laptop using source that I cvs'd yesterday (1-6
branch).  Separately, I also cross-compiled a kernel (renamed to VR4121)
based on a modified VR41XX config file found in the source.

The next step is to install the os to the mobilepro:

1. Do you recommend a clean installation or upgrade via installation program?

2. If I targz the VR4121 kernel and move it into the release directories, do I
need to worry about any dependencies?  (There was a 'nbmake-hpcmips depend'
step, as I recall.)

Thanks,

Andrew Gould