Subject: cross-compile setup
To: port-hpcmips <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: John D. Barnett <barnett@MIT.EDU>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/01/2004 16:51:18
Hi-

I'd like to set up a cross-compile system, from x86 linux -> hpcmips
netbsd. I've seen scattered references on how to do this, but nothing
comprehensive. Is anyone running with such a setup? How useful is it,
that is, how many packages that build successfully on hpcmips also build
in a cross-compile setup?

I don't have enough space on the MobilePro to set it up for compiling,
although I may do so once I have the appropriate networking hardware,
with nfs.

In particular, I'd like to build ghostview or xpf, unless anyone has a
precompiled binary for netbsd 1.5; I see they've been taken down from
the site due to security issues.

Thanks!

John