Subject: mobilepro 780 installation problems
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: John D. Barnett <barnett@MIT.EDU>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/30/2004 12:15:49
Hi-

I'm trying to install to an NEC MobilePro 780. I'm new to NetBSD, though
I've used other unices for a while. I have two CF cards; one is msdos
formatted (64MB), and has the installation utilities and sets on it; the
other (256MB) is the target of the installation.

So, I can successfully mount the msdos CF, and installation proceeds to
the point where it's copying files. When it gets to the point of copying
/sbin/init or so (it varies), I get an error:

panic: TLB out of universe

(and the error message varies, as well)

Anyway, I've tried NetBSD-1.6.1 and 1.6 without success; now I'm trying
1.5, and everything seems to be proceeding as expected... now there's a
problem with a full filesystem, which I think I can sort out. But does
anyone know what might be going on above?

Thanks-

-John Barnett