Subject: Re: 3com officeconnect 10/100 (3CXSH572BT)?
To: None <mattias@beauty.se>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/15/2004 10:29:17
In message: <49803.213.67.157.245.1074176182.squirrel@webmail.nada.kth.se>
            "Mattias Sandstrom" <mattias@beauty.se> writes:
: sorry if this is slightly off topic or if it's a faq, but i can't find the
: answer anywhere. anyway, i was wondering whether a 3com officeconnect
: 10/100 pcmcia card (#3CXSH572BT) would work in my mobilepro 770 running
: netbsd. i can get one fairly cheap but have no means of testing it first.
: first of all it doesn't say in the online docs at 3com whether it's 16 bit
: or cardbus, and although it seems like the 572BT chip is supported by the
: 3com driver in freebsd, i haven't been able to find any mention of it in
: the netbsd docs.

The 572 is the same thing, as far as I can tell, as the 574.  The 574
is a 16-bit card that has a MII and will do 10/100.  I know that
FreeBSD's ep driver supports it, and remember seeing support for it in
NetBSD's driver as well.

Warner