Subject: X-11 question
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Hwang <bhwang@phoenix-networks.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/30/2003 16:43:14
Hi,

I have looked through the archives and been trying to figure out how to
work this issue.

I have a Mobilepro 770.   I have installed 1.6.1 and it has been very
stable for console side.  I am using a BSD-generic kernel if that makes a
difference.

I am looking for:

1) A way to configure the top row of keys into the F1-12 keys.  I have
toyed with wscontl, but I don't know the keycodes, nor how to figure out
what they are.

2)  I would like to get X working.   Typing startx gives me X view that is
larger than the actual screen size.  There isn't any way to quit out of
it, and when I drag one of the open xterms out and try to kill the
Xwindows, it just dies (freezes in X).   I haven't found the tpctl, which
someone recommended, and I can't get it to fix to the screen width.

I would really appreciate any help.   I am in the middle of configuring
this system into becoming a working WiFi unit.

Regards,
Ben