Subject: Re: calibration/packages
To: None <sshen@ic.sunysb.edu>
From: TAKEMURA Shin Takemura <takemura@ca2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/21/2003 17:20:46
From: Sergio Shen <sshen@ic.sunysb.edu>
Subject: calibration/packages
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:55:34 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi! I recently installed netbsd onto a mobilepro 770 for personal use. I'm
> enjoying it a great deal as it allows me to take notes and code quick
> little snippets during class. I must say, it's really great and handy and
> I really appreciate all the work that all the developers have done in
> porting netbsd onto the hpcmips platform. I have two major questions
> though:
> 1. Is there a way to calibrate the touchscreen for the X server? There
> seems to be a slight offset at the edge of the screen for me. I'm not sure
> if this is isolated to my device, or that others experience it as well.

I guess you use relelase 1.6x. Right? Current version have a
calibrater 'tpctl' in /usr/sbin. I think you can use the tpctl on
your system as well.
Because the tpctl is just small application, you can easily build
the command from source code. Please see below.

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/tpctl
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/usr.sbin/tpctl

TAKEMURA