Subject: Re: Mobilepro 780 questions
To: Andrew L. Gould <algould@datawok.com>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/14/2003 11:22:23
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Andrew L. Gould wrote:

[snip]

> What cell phone do you use?

it has worked with a Timeport and Kyocera... any cell phone supporting
serial I/O and modem emualation should work... check your service provider
and cell phone options for more info...

[snip]

> Perfect!  This meets my hopes/expectations.

that's the important thing to keep in mind... some clients will work fine,
while others may be too resource intensive or unrealistic (e.g.
OpenOffice.org on a 48MB RAM, 131MHz MIPS laptop)...

but, by judicious choice/use of selected applications, one can have a very
nice, inexpensive, and productive portable NetBSD workstation...