Subject: Re: IBM z50 First Boot
To: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
From: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/05/2003 18:57:06
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:14:17 -0400 (EDT)
billy ball <bball@tux.org> wrote:

> - there may be a reason no one is using this setup, as it won't work?
> i wasn't aware the WCF12 works on the z50 w/NetBSD (if it does, please
> correct me)...

It does not work as pcmciadevs and if_wi_pcmcia.c entries are missing. I
submitted a patch to gnats that enables me to use the WCF12 on my t23
laptop. Unfortunately, it still does not function properly on my z50 (in
either the cf or pcmcia port) due to "busy bit didn't clear" and pcic
panic issues, which I've yet to investigate. My WPC11v3 works well,
although there are occasional pcic utlb missed panics as well. I'm
testing to see if iomem and iosiz have any effect.

-Steve