Subject: IBM z50 First Boot
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Benjamin Rutledge <benrutl@bellsouth.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/04/2003 14:21:17
Please help!  I am in dire need of assistance.  Here's why . . .

=20

I've been working on my z50 hack for about 2 months now and every
once-in-a-while I get a brain flash that lets me progress a little =
further
than I have previously.  The online tutorials have been useless to me as =
my
setup is somewhat unique.  Here's what I'm using:

-        IBM z50 (VR4121 processor)

-        Lexar 256MB 4x CompactFlash card (Installation packages =
downloaded
on my IBM ThinkPad 600X and put on the CF card by a USB CF/SD reader)

-        20GB IBM Travelstar HardDisk in a Disaster Recovery for =
Notebooks
enclosure with a DNBoy PCMCIA adapter

No one seems to be using this setup.  I want to use the HDD for my =
NetBSD
drive and the CF slot for a Linksys WCF12 802.11b adapter.

=20

Now here's where I'm stuck.  I got the OS installed on a NetBSD =
partition on
the HDD, but now when I reboot to WinCE, I don't know what to tell
pbsdboot.exe to boot NetBSD from specifically because WinCE doesn't
recognize the HDD as a Storage Card.  Any thoughts or ideas?  All help =
is
appreciated and the suggestion that gets me up and running might win =
some
cookies.  Thanks.

=20

Kind regards,