Subject: links-gui and dillo
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Simpson <jason@xio.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/26/2003 14:37:44
I installed links-gui last night (along with the mammoth TIFF support
library -- yeesh that's big for the utility it has in web-browsing).

Then I fired it up...

After _eight-and-a-half_ minutes of 100% CPU, the window finally appeared.
Any idea what the hang-up is on startup? On my desktop Linux box, the
graphical version of links fires up in well under a second. It can't just
be impatience, can it? :)

Also, I installed Dillo, which, in my tired state last night, seemed to
work, but today I just get this when starting it up:

	$ dillo http://google.com
	Setting locale to C
	Bad system call (core dumped)

Is there something obvious I might have done to break it?

Is there a package with a tool like 'strace' in it so I can see what it is
that the z50 is trying to do in either of these cases?

	Thanks for all the help so far!
	-jrs

PS: Is the 'fluxbox' window manager package broken? It crashed every time
I tried to start it, so I went back to 'blackbox'.