Subject: Re: [newbie] lcd suspend kernel for z50
To: Siva Arumugam <siva99@yahoo.com>
From: Jason Simpson <jason@xio.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/26/2003 00:40:07
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Siva Arumugam wrote:

> Does anyone have available online a z50-fixed kernel
> that can suspend the lcd?  I'm afraid that (for space
> reasons) I have no compiler tools installed.
>
> Failing that, instructions on how to brew one up from
> OS X (alas!) would be great.  Or would I need to
> install NetBSD on my G4 to cross-compile?

I'm in the same boat. I just plopped NetBSD 1.6.1 onto my z50, but now I
find out that the LCD suspend function is disabled in the generic kernel,
and I have no compiler nor GDB (nor knowledge enough of GDB to use it) to
tweak the kernel image appropriately.

Does anyone have a 1.6.1 kernel for the z50 with LCD suspend enabled that
they can make available for download?

	Thanks.
	-jrs