Subject: Re: Anyone used IBM Microdrives with hpcmips in NEC MP780?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@bway.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/16/2003 10:56:41
On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 10:18:07AM -0400, Miles Nordin wrote:

>    ges> why my 780 suddenly ceased to power up in anyone's OS,
>
> well i talways powers up in wince, right?
>
> These machines have three power buttons:
>
>   power : on the keyboard
>   reset : on the keyboard, pressable with the stylus
>   no, seriously now, motherfucking reset: inside the battery drawer.
>      remove the battery, then press it with the stylus

On the 780, there is one power button on the keyboard and one button
underneath accessed via the stylus. There is also a backup cell I think (so
you could get a total cold boot by removing all batteries ;-)

In addition, there is a power button activated by the hinge so when you close
the machine it goes into suspend. This doesn't work in hpcmips but would be a
very nice feature to have.

--
.jA
repoleveD \ .nimdA smetsyS