Subject: Re: Reconfiguration of wireless card
To: Jimi Malcolm <malcolm@cc.gatech.edu>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/14/2003 10:34:22
On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 09:15 AM, Jimi Malcolm wrote:

> Sometimes when I do this, the routing gateways don't get flushed so
> that
> it doesn't know how to route packets on the new network.  How do I fix
> this?  To shut down the old network, I simply
>
> $ pkill dhclient
> $ ifconfig wi0 down
>
> Is there a better way?  Should I be using '/etc/rc.d/dhclient restart'
> instead?

Running /etc/rc.d/dhclient restart doesn't seem to work for me at all.
That may be because I manually started dhclient. Running
/etc/rc.d/dhclient stop doesn't even work. The two commands you have
above should work fine. Create a little script.

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/pkill dhclient
/sbin/ifconfig wi0 down
/sbin/dhclient wi0

This script works fine for me. It doesn't run under sudo for some
reason but runs fine as root.

Bryan