Subject: Cross-compile on i386
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Brown <shox@shox.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/13/2003 18:17:58
Hi folks. I'm trying to build a cross-compile environment inside of a
NetBSD 1.6.1 i386 VMWare virtual machine. I followed the directions based
on the list archives and the how-to-develop FAQ, but I am still having
issues.  I have a locally mirrored and cvsupped source tree to work with.

I installed the following packages:
cross-binutils-2.9.1.1
cross-mipsel-netbsd-1.3.0.0
hpcmips-make (script)

The pathnames in the script are correct.

So now I want to build, say, tcsh.
# cd /usr/src/pkgsrc/shells/tcsh
# hpcmips-make
...stuff here...
checking wheter the C compiler (mipsel-netbsd-gcc -O2 -I/usr/pkg/include
-Wl.-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
*** Error code 1
Stop.

The compiler will run by itself:
# /usr/pkg/cross/bin/mipsel-netbsd-gcc
mipsel-netbsd-gcc: No input files

What am I missing? Libraries? Do I need a specialized mk.conf?

Thanks,

-Rob

--
Robert Brown