Subject: Re: CF partition scheme?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/16/2003 09:44:56
On 16.04.03, 00:47:16, Ajai Khattri wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a partitioning layout for a 256Mb CF card?

I use a small (12MB or so) DOS partition for the bootloader and two or
three kernels, and the rest for NetBSD. I do not use NetBSD slices, but
just one big partition for /

With space at such a apremium, further partitioning is too unflexible.

I also have a small swap partition of 8MB, but that may or may not be a
good idea for you. If you regularly need swapping, it might pound the CF
card quite hard, and swapping via network might be preferable.

--
Bernd Sieker

#netbsd - where monks recite their internal dialogue while debugging.
		-- Bernhard Riedel