Subject: RE: BE-300?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Bulgin <llamas@golden.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/13/2003 17:43:01
Check out www.expod.net their hack takes away the wiggy casio shell.  Also
check out www.linux4.be they've made some changes to the boot loader
specific to the be300.

-----Original Message-----
From: port-hpcmips-owner@netbsd.org
[mailto:port-hpcmips-owner@netbsd.org]On Behalf Of M. Warner Losh
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 3:46 PM
To: ajai@bway.net
Cc: port-hpcmips@netbsd.org

In message: <20030312183835.GH15451@bway.net>
            Ajai Khattri <ajai@bway.net> writes:
: On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 12:20:08PM -0600, Todd T. Fries wrote:
:
: > I will continue searching for the faq you speak of and the control panel
: > you speak of, my PDA software has a 'settings' but no control panel that
: > can find, and there seems to be no initially apparent way to increase
: > memory for applications.
:
: Im not familiar with the BE-300 but I thought it was a WinCE device and
most
: WinCE devices have some settings somewhere to set how much RAM is used for
: aps and how much as disk space. I assumed most WinCE devices have this but
: maybe Im wrong for WinCE 3.0 devices?

The BE-300 has its own Funky shell that isn't the same as the WinCE
shell.  However, you can get to a report of the memory usage by
Settings->Memory, but I see no way to reserve one vs the other.
However, you might try terminating all tasks.

I've not tried to boot NetBSD on my BE-300.

: "The NetBSD/hpcmips kernel and system install consume about 7 MB of
memory.
:  Please configure the Windows CE memory setting to allow this amount of
memory
:  to be used. If bootloader failed with a ``cannot allocate heap'' error,
:  configure more RAM for memory and less for disk with the dialog at
:  [Setting]->[ControlPanel]->[System]->[Memory] under Windows CE."

This won't work for the BE-300.

Warner