Subject: Re: BE-300?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@bway.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/12/2003 13:38:36
On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 12:20:08PM -0600, Todd T. Fries wrote:

> I will continue searching for the faq you speak of and the control panel
> you speak of, my PDA software has a 'settings' but no control panel that I
> can find, and there seems to be no initially apparent way to increase
> memory for applications.

Im not familiar with the BE-300 but I thought it was a WinCE device and most
WinCE devices have some settings somewhere to set how much RAM is used for
aps and how much as disk space. I assumed most WinCE devices have this but
maybe Im wrong for WinCE 3.0 devices?

> If you could mention the exact url, I've browsed documents from port/hpcmips
> to no avail..

The best install doc is on the FTP site for hpcmips:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6/hpcmips/INSTALL.html

Relevant quote from "Installing the NetBSD System" section:

"The NetBSD/hpcmips kernel and system install consume about 7 MB of memory.
 Please configure the Windows CE memory setting to allow this amount of memory
 to be used. If bootloader failed with a ``cannot allocate heap'' error,
 configure more RAM for memory and less for disk with the dialog at
 [Setting]->[ControlPanel]->[System]->[Memory] under Windows CE."

BTW, the BE-300 isn't specifically listed as a supported platform and I don't
know how similar it is to other Casio devices. It might need some work to get
it going... maybe some developers can answer this question better than me?

--
.jA
repoleveD \ .nimdA smetsyS