Subject: Re: Prism2
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/11/2003 23:19:02
On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 07:00 PM, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 04:49:13PM -0800, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
>
>> They work great! I am using two internal antenna cards (2511CD PLUS)
>> and three of the external antenna cards (2511CD PLUS EXT2). They are
>> fantastic because they are 200 mW as opposed to the usual about 30 mW.
>> I would highly recommend the Senao cards!
>
> Do they make a PCI version, or only the PCMCIA flavor?

They do not make a PCI version but they do make a PCI adapter. I am
using a 2511CD PLUS EXT2 connected to a three foot omnidirectional
antenna. It is inside a Mini-ITX computer with the PCI adapter. I am
running the card in hostap mode using FreeBSD 5.0. I would be using
NetBSD except the hostap driver is only in -current. This combination
is my access point at home. I purchased the PCMCIA card and PCI adapter
from http://www.netgate.com/ . Hope that helps.

Bryan