Subject: Re: xkbcomp on MobilePro
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Wong <"benjamin.wong@pleasenospam"@cc.gatech.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/05/2003 13:15:32

    David> 	You might find x11/xkeycaps from pkgsrc useful - it
    David> allows you to map keys visually and then writes out the
    David> xmodmap file.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried out xkeycaps (I love pkgsrc!).
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like xkeycaps does what I want. I'd
like to map two keys to send one. For example: Fn+Up would send a Page
Up key and Fn+Shift sets Numlock. (Currently, my Fn key is bound to
Meta_L).

    David> The visual display is unlikely to contain an exact match
    David> for your MobilePro keyboard, and you may need a virtual wm
    David> to get to all of the keyboard display :)

Yup, it guessed Apple/MkLinux keyboard, which completely failed. PC
105 mostly works (it doesn't correctly get the first four function
keys or the Windows key). Guess we need to teach xkeycaps what
MobilePros look like.

You were right about the resolution. I used Window Maker's alt+drag to
pan around the virtual keyboard. On the bright side, the MP800's SVGA
screen is high enough resolution (just barely) to show an entire
keyboard if it doesn't have a numeric keypad.

	Ben Wong
	Benjamin.Wong "at" cc.gatech.edu