Subject: Re: Installation Help
To: Steve Edwards <edwards_sj@yahoo.com>
From: Jeff Bolle <jbolle@bucknell.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/24/2003 12:17:29
How are you trying to install NetBSD? Are you doing it over ftp/nfs or
have you downloaded the sets to the CF that you are attempting to
install NetBSD on?  I found the procedure to be rather straighforward.

1. partition CF card to have a small (~7MB) partition for Dos/WinCE and
leave the rest for netbsd.
2. Download the hpcboot.exe and install kernel to the dos partition of
the CF card.
3. Boot to netbsd install kernel using hpcboot.exe
4. Go through installation using FTP or NFS to install the distribution
sets
5. Enjoy massive portability and a sweet little platform in your netbsd
palmtop.

For step 4 I have the distribution sets downloaded into another computer
on the lan locally which makes installing and re-installing very fast.

Good luck.

Jeff