Subject: Re: selecting a portable platform for netbsd
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/21/2003 10:41:34
On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:28:58AM -0500, Miles Nordin wrote:

>     ms> can i expect to get out of 32 megs?
>
>     ms> rxvt, dillo and abiword at the same time,
>
> Here's a screenshot of 'top' on my 32MB MC-R700A if it helps you.  As

<snip>

>   PID USERNAME PRI NICE   SIZE   RES STATE      TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
>   351 carton     2    0  3716K 2712K select    28:47  8.35%  8.35% Xhpc

Matthias, you may find it worthwhile to look into Kdrive/TinyX for your x86
laptop. This is a stripped-down version of X, which you can compile from the
regular XFree86 sources. supposedly the binary is <1MB; and while executing
it's not much larger. haven't gotten around to messing with it myself, so I
don't really know anything more about it.

I'm certain it won't work on hpcmips tho. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises