Subject: Re: swap-on-FLASH urban legend
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/19/2003 12:42:02
>>>>> "cws" == Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com> writes:

   cws> just running xterms on your display, any reason not to use the
   cws> console and multiple 'screen' sessions?

The #1 reason is that it's faster.  I think maybe it's the
jump-scrolling or something, but i dunno.  it's just way faster.

The #2 reason is picking the font.  I can't figure out how to make X11
fonts into wscons fonts.

#3 is that I used 'screen' pretty hard a while ago and ran out of
ttys.  so I looked at the source code, and 'screen' is a
poorly-written piece of crap.  I love it and hate it.  Remember that
neverending stream of 'screen' security advisories a few years ago?

and #4 is that I like to show off olvwm to the people who ask as a
reminder of the good ol' days.

--
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and