Subject: Re: CF memory vs. Microdrive vs. PCMCIA HD
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/17/2003 11:32:51
>>>>> "bs" == Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de> writes:

    bs> Are there HPCs with reflective displays and a keyboard

my ex had some rebranded Compaq Wince with Super-H CPU and a
reflective screen that ran off AA batteries.  It only had 4MB RAM
though.

    bs> (what is a mofo?)

motherfucker.

    bs> MD is quite robust, as far as hard disks go

yeah i'm surprised mine still works with what I do to it.

The biggest thing i hate about it is the spin-up delay.  Often when I
press a key the MD has to spin up before the keypress is processed.
Not only is the delay annoying, but Xhpc has soft key repeat, so all
the time I press c and get cccc, or press <space> and advance three or
four screens to the next email message, instead of just to the next
screenfull of text.  I'm hoping the gradual work on fine-grained
locking stuff for real-time and SMP will make this go away some day
after the big 2.0.

--
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and