Subject: Re: ibmZ50, install, disk full, 128MB CF, 100MB bsd partition
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Kenneth R. Mort <ken@post3.mort.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/16/2003 00:17:06
Thank you all. It looks like the minimum space I needed to
install was about 110MB. This was only the kernel, base and
etc sets. After install it occupied almost 80MB.
It looks like there is alot of stuff I don't need, I'm
hoping I can free up quite a bit more space.

It seems to run fine (except for the 'vrpiu:AD:......'
messages) so I'll probably order a 256MB CF card and return
the 128MB one I borrowed.

thanks,
ken

> > i haven't ever installed anything on a z50, but on a few other low
> > memory/disk machines. try piping the ftp download directly to tar. don't
> > remember exactly how it's done, but it's pretty much just a matter of
>
> or make "small-your-own tar files".
>
> tar --delete -T rmfiles.txt -f base.tar
> tar --delete -T rmfiles.txt -f etc.tar
> tar --delete -T rmfiles.txt -f kern.tar
>
>  rmfiles.txt contains file name you want to erase.
>
> once you make small tar files.run sysinst as you like.
>
> % and should update /ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcmips/pocketbsd/binary/sets
--------
Regards,
Ken Mort  <ken@post1.mort.net>
Brooklyn, NY, USA